1 Apr 2015
INVITATION FOR WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS
Inquiry into the administration and operations of the Tourism Development Company Limited
The above-named Committee, has commenced an inquiry into the administration and operations of the Tourism Development Company Limited (TDC).
The objectives of this inquiry are:
1. To determine the impact of the TDC’s operations on the tourism sector over the past five (5) years, particularly with regard to:
a. Tourism product development and services;
b. Marketing strategies;
c. Facilitating investments; and
d. Standards for development and maintenance of tourism infrastructure sites and attractions.
2. To examine the adequacy of the Company’s organizational structure and human resources to support the implementations of its strategic objectives.
3. To examine the management arrangements in place at the TDC and to assess how effective these arrangements in guiding and directing the growth and development of the Company.
4. To understand the strategic direction of the TDC.
5. To examine the financial position of the TDC and the procedures /polices in place to ensure transparency, accountability and value for money in the management of the TDC’s affairs.
6. To understand the relationship between TDC, the Ministry of Tourism, the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) and other tourism stakeholders.
7. To gain an appreciation of the major challenges confronting the TDC.
8. To assess the adequacy of the current legislative or regulatory framework governing the activities of the company.
As part of its inquiry process, the Committee is inviting all stakeholders and interested persons to submit written comments/suggestions related to the above-mentioned objectives.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FRIDAY APRIL 10, 2015 AT 4 P.M.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Secretary to the Committee as stated below and can be forwarded via email to email@example.com or in hard copy.
The Joint Select Committee (Group 2)
Office of the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago
Levels G-8, Tower D
Port-of-Spain International Waterfront Centre
1A Wrightson Road