Call for Submissions - JSC on the Cybercrime Bill, 2017
30 Jan 2018
The above-named Committee is calling for comments on the Bill.
The purpose of the Cybercrime Bill, 2017 is to provide for the creation of offences related to cybercrime and for other related matters in Trinidad and Tobago including:
- illegal access to a computer system;
- illegal data interference;
- illegal acquisition of data;
- computer-related forgery;
- computer-related fraud, identity-related offences;
- violation of privacy;
- causing damage by electronic mail message; and
- causing harm by communication using a computer system.
The new Bill also seeks to:
- regulate the misuse of computer systems,
- provide for the search and seizure of computer systems and computer data, and
- empower the court to order an internet service provider to produce information about a person who subscribes to its service
The Committee is inviting members of the public to submit comments on the Cybercrime Bill, 2017 which is available on the Parliament's website at www.ttparliament.org.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MONDAY FEBRUARY 19, 2018 AT 4:00 P.M.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Secretary to the Committee at:
The Joint Select Committee on the Cybercrime Bill, 2017
Office of the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago
Level 3, Tower D
International Waterfront Centre
1A Wrightson Road
Submissions can also be forwarded via electronic mail to email@example.com