Invitation for Written Submissions on TTPOST
11 Nov 2014
Joint Select Committee of Parliament on Ministries,
Statutory Authorities and State Enterprises (Group 2)
INVITATION FOR WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS
Inquiry into the administration and operations of the
Trinidad and Tobago Postal Corporation
The above-named Committee, has commenced an inquiry into the administration and operations of the Trinidad and Tobago Postal Corporation (TTPost)
The objectives of this inquiry are:
- to understand the strategic direction of the Corporation;
- to inquire into the status of operations of the Corporation amidst the recent resignation of a number of top level employees;
- to examine the financial position of the Corporation and the procedures/polices in place to ensure effective management and oversight of financial resources;
- to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the services provided by the Corporation particularly as it relates to:
to gain an appreciation of the achievements and challenges experienced by the Corporation over the past five (5) years;to inquire into the status of the transfer/vesting of properties in TTPost as is stipulated by Section 61 of the Act; andto determine whether amendments to the existing legislative and regulatory framework governing TTPost is required.
- the delivery and distribution of cheques for financial relief programmes such as Senior Citizens Grants and Disability Allowances;
- the servicing of the Island of Tobago;
- the servicing of rural areas;
As part of its inquiry process, the Committee is inviting all stakeholders and interested persons to submit written comments/suggestions related to the above-mentioned objectives.THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FRIDAY NOVEMBER 21st 2014 AT 4:00 P.M.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Secretary to the Committee as stated below or can be forwarded via email to email@example.com.
The Joint Select Committee (Group 2)
Office of the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago
Levels G-8, Tower D
Port-of-Spain International Waterfront Center
1A Wrightson Road