11th REPUBLICAN PARLIAMENT: 5th SESSION
House of Representatives
Summary of the 9th Sitting of the 5th Session of the 11th Republican Parliament
(Wednesday November 27, 2019 at 1:30 PM)
Announcements By The Speaker/Deputy Speaker
- Leave of absence: Leave of absence was granted to Mr. Barry Padarath, MP for Princes Town, from today's Sitting of the House.
Contributions by: Hon. Bridgid Annisette-George, MP [Speaker of the House]
- Four Papers: Four papers were laid. See Order Paper for details.
Contributions by: Hon. Camille Robinson-Regis, MP [Arouca/Maloney] [Minister of Planning and Development]
Questions To Ministers: Oral Answer
Requests For Leave To Move The Adjournment Of The House On Definite Matters Of Urgent Public Importance
- Two requests: Dr. Tim Gopeesingh made two requests for leave to move the adjournment of the House on the following matters - the non-payment of outstanding sums of money to school bus drivers and the unprecedented breach of security at one of the country's public hospitals. The Speaker was not satisfied that these matters qualified under this Standing Order.
Contributions by: Dr. Tim Gopeesingh, MP [Caroni East] [Opposition Member], , MP
Government Business: Bills Second Reading
- The Bail (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill, 2019: The Attorney General moved the second reading of the Bail (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill, 2019. Debate began on the Bill. Following the wind up by the Attorney General, the debate on the Bill was adjourned.
Contributions by: Hon. Faris Al-Rawi, MP [San Fernando West] [Attorney General], Dr. Roodal Moonilal, MP [Oropouche East] [Opposition Member], Hon. Stuart Young, MP [Port-of-Spain North/St. Ann's West] [Minister of National Security and Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister], Hon. Fitzgerald Hinds, MP [Laventille West] [Minister in the Ministry of the Attorney General and Legal Affairs], Mr. Rodney Charles, MP [Naparima] [Opposition Member], Mr. Prakash Ramadhar, MP [St. Augustine] [Opposition Member], Mrs. Glenda Jennings-Smith, MP [Toco/Sangre Grande] [Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of National Security]
Introduction Of Bills
- One Bill: The Finance Bill, 2019 was introduced in the name of the Minister of Finance.
- The House adjourned to Friday December 6, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.: The Sitting concluded at 8:18 p.m. The House adjourned to Friday December 6, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.